vShare is a name that many associate with Cydia as it was once one of the most popular repositories, a source of 3rd-aprty content. Now we don’t need to jailbreak our devices to install vShare anyone can use it and that has made it even more popular. However, reliable it may be, vShare does still have a few problems.
Below we list some of the more common problems, all of which are very simple to solve
This is the error that most people encounter and can be solved by following these steps:
- Delete any instances of vShare from your device
- Reboot your iPhone or iPad
- Download vShare again
This happens because you already have vShare on your device and the two versions are conflicting with one another.
This error is down to the source not being verified. To fix this:
- Delete vShare
- Reinstall vShare
- On your iOS device, open Settings
- Go to General > Profiles & Device Management
- Find the vShare app profile
- Tap the Trust button
- Exit Settings
Try vShare again, it will work without any problems
Invalid Argument Supplied
- Again, this is a simple error to solve:
- Delete vShare and then reinstall it again
- Reboot your iPhone or iPad
- Open vShare settings and see if there are any updates, if there are, download them.
Tyr vShare again, it should work without throwing up this error message
There have been reports of a blank white screen on vShare. This can be fixed like this:
- Launch your iOS Settings app
- Tap on Safari and then on Clear Website Data
Open vShare and try again, the white screen should be gone
Profile Installation Failed Error
Users who get this error are most likely trying to install vShare at a busy time and the Apple servers are struggling to cope with the amount of traffic. In the first instance, wait and try installing vShare later. If the same error appears, try these steps:
- Enable Airplane mode on your device
- Open Settings > Safari
- Tap on Clear History and Website Data
- Tap the option to Clear History and Data
- Disable Airplane mode and leave your iPhone or iPad alone for a few minutes
- Install vShare again
You should now be able to install it without any error messages.
Untrusted Enterprise Developer
Another very common error message. To fix this, go to Settings > General > Profile and click on Trust profile to trust the app profile which then stops this error.
Fixing this is easy :
- On your, iPhone close down all open apps. There must be nothing running on your iPhone or iPad
- Wait a minute or two and then repeat the steps at the link again
- If the error persists, power off your device, wait a minute and then restart it
We’ve covered the most common vShare problems here but if you come up against any other, please tell us by dropping us a line in the comments box below or by following us on Facebook and joining the conversation there. We’ll do our best to find a solution for you.