vShare is one of the best alternatives to Cydia for iOS 9 users. While it once relied on Cydia to work, now it doesn’t, allowing any iOS 9 user to access a decent selection of tweaked and modified apps that provide us with extra features on our devices.
vShare has always been popular and looks set to be one of the best Cydia alternatives around so read on to find out how you can install it on your device today. First, a quick look at some of the features Apple introduced with iOS 9.
vShare on iOS 9 :
iOS 9 was the iOS firmware that saw things start to change for the Cydia developers. Apple began introducing more and more security features, all designed to gradually put the spanner in the works to stop the developers in their tracks. Some of the features they introduced included:
- Content Blockers – small extensions in Safari browser that put the user in control of the content that loads, making things more private and secure for the user
- Battery Life – improvements include a Low Power mode for conserving battery when it is low on charge and apps themselves taking less power to run
- Siri/Search – Siri is updated to make searching more intelligent, using context awareness to provide results and the ability to type rather than speak your request.
- Breadcrumb Trails – iOS 9 makes it simple to go back to a previous app by placing a small text string in the corner; tap it and it takes you back
- App Slimming – instead of installing an entire app, now you only get what you require from the app on your device, saving space and time in loading.
Apple does their best to stop the jailbreak developers but they can’t stop the app developers. vShare is not built the same way as Cydia which means it doesn’t need to tap into the root of your device to work. Because of that, it doesn’t break the security that Apple has in place, is safe to use and runs much like a standard app store app.
How to Download vShare on iOS 9 :
Downloading vShare onto iOS 9 may be done in one of these two ways. It is easy enough, just follow the steps of your chosen method:
Method 1: Configuration Profile
For this, you will need only your iOS device on iOS 9 and a strong internet connection:
- From your home screen open Safari browser and then this ( link )
- A vShare page will open; tap the link to Directly Install , this gives the profile confirmation that it can be installed
- You should now see your Settings app open automatically. Tap on the link that says Install Profile
- If needed, type your passcode in and wait until Safari browser has opened again
- Now tap Install vShare and wait; a confirmation box will open, tap Install and Settings will launch again
- Tap on Install and then Next > Done – this will prompt the installation to complete and the vShare icon to show up on your home screen
Provided you followed the steps carefully you should now be able to start using vShare.
Method 2: vShare Helper
vShare Helper is a useful tool developed by the vShare team. It is designed to use your PC to install vShare onto your iOS device, making things much easier, especially when your internet is not too good on your device. Follow the link below for more information about vShare Helper and how to download it:
Deleting vShare :
If, for some reason, you no longer want vShare on your device, you will find it is quite easy to delete. Visit our vShare deletion page to find out how to do it without affecting any other apps or services on your device:
Common vShare Installation Errors :
There are a couple of installation errors that you may encounter when installing vShare but none of them are difficult to sort out. Check out our age on fixing common vShare installation errors for more information.
vShare Alternative :
vShare makes downloading modified apps and games easy, with so many to choose from. If you want something a little different or have an Android device, have a look at some of our vShare alternatives.
vShare has always been a well-used option for downloading modified content an, with no requirement for Cydia any longer, it will continue to be so. Download it on your iPhone or iPad today and let us know in the comments below what your thoughts are. For more updates and tips like this you can follow us on Facebook.