vShare is one name that most iOS users are well aware of, given that it was once a popular Cydia repository for modified content. Now you don’t need Cydia to use vShare, which is great news for those users on earlier firmware like iOS 8.
vShare is still a great source of tweaked and modified apps and games so keep reading to see how to download it on iOS 8. Before that, we’ll take a brief look at the features iOS 8 brought to the table.
vShare on iOS 8 :
iOS 8 was the start of Apple making the iOS firmware more useful and more secure, bringing in new features and new security. They had an end goal in mind – to bring jailbreaking to a stop – and some of their features are just the start. Other features that are incredibly useful include:
- Battery Indicator – allows you to see what apps an services are using your battery and change some settings to keep things running for longer
- Keyboard Changes – third-party keyboards can now be used and predictive typing introduced
- Continuity – Handoff, a feature that allows you to start something like a call or an email on one iOS or Mac device and finish it on another, Airplay support between devices and the use of your iPhone as a personal hotspot
- Camera – new 3-second timer, focus controls, exposure controls and time-lapse mode
- iCloud Photo – photos and videos now automatically upload to iCloud Photo Library – 5GB free storage, extra available to purchase
- Family Sharing – now allows 6 users to share iTunes content and better controls are in place for parents to monitor spending on apps
There are other features and plenty of security additions but, while Apple wants to stop jailbreaking, they have been unable to stop the developers releasing apps like vShare outside of Cydia. This is because these apps don’t need the same kind of access to your system that Cydia did, making them safer, more secure and easier to run.
How to Download vShare on iOS 8 :
To download vShare onto your iOS 8 device, you have the option of two methods – one using your device, and one using your computer. Choose your method and follow the tutorial:
Method 1: Configuration Profile
This method requires only your device and the internet, preferably Wi-Fi:
- Open this ( link ) in your Safari browser
- On the page that opens, tap on Install so that the profile can be downloaded and installed
- When Settings has opened, tap Install Profile and the input your device passcode; this will open Safari
- Tap on Install vShare and then on Install on the confirmation window and Settings will open again
- Tap Install > Next > Done and wait; the vShare installation will complete
- Go to the vShare icon on your home screen and tap to start using it.
Method 2: vShare Helper
vShare Helper comes to us from the vShare developers, a neat tool that makes installing vShare dead simple. Rather than using your device, vShare Helper uses your PC or Mac to install vShare on your iPhone or iPad. Check out our vShare Helper page for more details and a download guide:
Deleting vShare :
If you find that you need to remove vShare from your device, it is easy to do and there are four ways you can do it. Click the link below for details on all four methods, all easy and all removing vShare from your device quickly:
Common vShare Installation Errors :
vShare is simple and reliable but you may encounter one or more installation errors. Don’t panic, these are simple to solve and you can find details of all the errors and their solutions at the link below:
vShare has and always will be the popular choice for adding tweaked apps and games to our devices. It works well on iOS 8 so give it a shot; download it and let us know what you are using it for. If you want more tips like this, you can follow us on Facebook.