vShare does offer a huge range of 3rd-party apps, tweakes, games and loads more content, but some users are finding that it doesn’t give them what they want. Deleting vShare really is very simple for those that need to, and it can easily be installed again later if you want to.
For iOS users, there are four ways to delete vShare from your device. All of them are simple, and the first two methods will not affect anything else on your device. For the last two methods, you must make sure that you have the latest iTunes version on your device – open iTunes, click Help > Check for Updates and follow the guide on-screen if required.
Method 1: Delete the Profile
- Going through your Settings app, tap on General and then Profiles and Device Management
- Scan the list of profiles and find the one for vShare
- Tap it and then tap Delete Profile
- Close Settings and you will see that vShare has been removed
Method 2: Deleting the Icon
- Find the vShare icon on your homepage, Do NOT open it
- Long-hold the icon until it begins wiggling and look for the cross in the top corner
- Tap the cross and tap Delete on the popup message
- vShare will be removed along with the icon
Method 3: Factory Restore
This method restores your device to the latest iOS firmware, removing all your data and settings in the process
- Back up your iPhone or iPad data through iTunes
- On your device, disable passcode, Touch ID and Find My iPhone/iPad
- Plug in your iOS device to your computer and open iTunes
- If a Trust This Computer message loads on your device screen, tap on Yes
- If you have more than one device registered, look at the left menu on iTunes and choose the connected device
- Tap on Restore and then tap Restore again
- iTunes will now restore your device to the factory, updating it to the latest iOS version
- When your device reboots to the Hello screen, the restore is complete
Method 4: Restore from Backup
The final method involves using one of your own iTunes backups from before vShare was installed:
- Connect your device to your PC or Mac and open iTunes
- If asked, input your device passcode and tap Yes if the Trust This Computer message appears
- Choose the device summary for your device if required
- Click on Restore from Backup
- Select a backup done before you installed vShare
- Click on Restore and then be patient – this process may take a few minutes, and you may need to put your passcode in on your device during the restore.
- Don’t disconnect your device until the restore is complete – it needs to sync with your PC.
- Once your device has rebooted, the restore is complete
Deleting vShare from your Android device is no different to delete an Android app:
- Unlock your device and open Settings – from your App Drawer or Home screen
- Tap Applications or Apps, whichever it on your device
- You will see a list of apps installed on your Android device – tap on vShare
- Tap on Uninstall
- When complete, you can close your Settings app, and vShare will be gone
If you want to reinstall vShare at any time again, simply follow the download instructions.
Did you opt to delete vShare? Tell us why and follow us on Facebook for more developer updates.